Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Faction Idea

2 posters

Go down

New Faction Idea Empty New Faction Idea

Post  goldmarine9 Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Since Darkmoo wanted new ideas for factions, I thought about it a bit. And I came up with something.

Since portals now work in SMP, I thought it might be cool to have a nether faction. A name could be Hell Spawns or something.

If possible, if your a part of this faction, you have fire damage disabled since they are so used to lava, they are the only ones who can use netherrack and soul sand.

The only times they can come out of the nether are for resources and only at night since the daylight is too bright for them (nether is a dark place) Or an alternative would be that they are given an area in the nether where they are allowed to grow trees in, if they lose that, then they are forced to resort to trading with the surface nations.

They can't use torches and are given in their starting chest, a bunch of flint & steel's to light the netherrack on fire with

Their farming thing could be something like mushrooms (choices are limited due to things not growing in the nether) and their god could be Satan.

The leader's name could be something like
Village: Soul-Collector
City: Some appropriate name
Metropolis: Satan's Minion

The city's project would be a giant spiral hall thing to worship their gods in, all made out of soul sand for pillars and netherrack for a floor.

And their national monument could be a giant netherrack/lava statue of Satan, or some hall which is supposed to represent hell's souls.

Anyways, just an idea, let me know what you think about it.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

New Faction Idea Empty Re: New Faction Idea

Post  Decibert Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Obviously the Nether now functioning in SMP opens the door for a Nether faction. The could be the sole providers of both netherrack (which they will have a near infinite supply of) and glowstone (which would be an actual valuable item). Since the glowstone update at least it won't be too rare to trade.

The day/night stuff is a little hard to regulate, let them just make a treefarm.

An additional restriction for the other races may have to be none of them are allowed to place portals, to avoid having portals spawning in the lands of the Nether race. This is an annoying restriction when the capitals will be getting bigger and bigger.

I do find the combination netherrack+soulsand+glowstone (all very functional building materials, either as light-source or in traps) not balanced with the other nation's building materials which are purely aesthetic. Only one of these should be a restricted building material, I'd vote for glowstone, to make it easier to balance trade (netherrack vs glass/sand vs wood, all bulk items).

Mushroom farming (slow, so an enormous farm is required, but great food) is well balanced against sugar for cakes, cacti for traps and the tribe's wood farms, the latter being the most useful, but not a monopoly.

I would like to see a Nether race simply because I have never seen a proper city in the Nether, I've always only used it for save and fast traveling between bases, but I can imagine it looking pretty good. The most important question is: how will the server handle the Nether, and will it even be enabled?
Decibert
Decibert

http://www.decibert.eu

Back to top Go down