Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Idea] Faction set

3 posters

Go down

[Idea] Faction set Empty [Idea] Faction set

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm

To my defense I shall say that all this has been written under the influence of (read: while listening to) one of the greatest movie soundtracks ever.

So I had an idea for a new faction set, with 4 factions and a lot of room for more.

The factions would be:
Elves
Rohirrim
Gondorians
Mordor

Elves (Lothlorien):
Live in the woods, one with the nature around them. If you want an idea of what I mean, just visit the tribes and let Pezz tell you what he has in mind. Wink
Wonders include huge trees, special buildings and similar.

Rohirrim:
Live in the plains of the Riddermark, warrior nation. Houses consist mainly of wood, as do fortifications. Ornated royal buildings.
Wonders include Edoras and Helms Deep.

Gondorians:
Live in stone buildings, strong fortifications. The Gondorians have a long history of war agains Mordor.
Wonders include Minas Tirith and Osgiliath.

Mordor:
Resides in the Nether. "Evil" faction, has to steal everthing it needs (maybe have some sort of instances agains NPCs for that, so the other nations don't suffer from that need).
Wonders include Minas Morgul, The gate of Mordor and Barad-Dûr (Sauron's tower).

Room would also be for Isengart (wonder: Orthanc), Hobbits, Moria (either Dwarves or Orcs, depending on the time setting, wonder: Halls of Moria) and a few others.

I know the whole thing basically turns the server into some LotR RP, but we can change the lore of the factions, their names and such if we need to.
I'm just saying that Tolkien gives us a GREAT lore we could use to have lots of fun to reconstruct, replay and play on with.

So, what do you guys think? Worth a try or complete rubbish (Celt, please refrain from hate posts, I know you don't like me.)? Improvements? Ideas for other factions? Detailed ideas for the above mentioned factions?

Back to top Go down

[Idea] Faction set Empty Re: [Idea] Faction set

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

gobbo1008 wrote:
So, what do you guys think? Worth a try or complete rubbish (Celt, please refrain from hate posts, I know you don't like me.)

hate posts? I would do nothing of the sort, I have stated that the past is behind me.

it is a meritable idea, but one thing , I think the ragnarok lore we have has almost evolved with our members, we don't have much of a fantasy feel, and I like it the way it is. my other point is, how do you join the evil guys? we all know, one does not simply walk into mordor

Back to top Go down

Post  TargusSirius Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:22 am

well it would be a nice theme... but not here... because this would limit our freedom... or at least i think it would. please tell me if there's a way we can avoid this Smile
TargusSirius
TargusSirius
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  tissuemaster Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

What if we had factions based off of ancient civilizations, i.e Romans, Egyptians, Chinese

Here are a couple of ideas

Aztecs: kind of like the tribe, they occupy the mountains and forests. They live in small villages scattered around the area. They would create monuments like Machu Pichu.

Egyptians: They are the equivalent of the dessert, they live along rivers and can grow sugar cane and cactus. They live in small cities with large monuments like the Sphinx and the Pyramid.

Chinese: The Chinese have cities with large imperial complexes for the leaders with housing for the commoners circled around the palace. They build monuments like the Great Wall.

Romans/Greeks: They live in large cities with big fancy buildings. Housing is in insula
(Roman apartment buildings). They create monuments like the Parthenon and the Coliseum

Inuit: Live in snowy regions, they live in small villages with wooden huts and igloos. They'd create monuments like totem poles.

A lot of these faction ideas are very similar to current factions, but they give a more rigid guidelines for a building style and adds more RP into the game.

This idea would work out a lot better if the new factions had the ability to "scatter", allowing there to be a central settlement with small colonies surrounding it.

Last edited by tissuemaster on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

tissuemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gnomus Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:41 pm

tissuemaster wrote:What if we had factions based off of ancient civilizations, i.e Romans, Egyptians, Chinese

Here are a couple of ideas

Aztecs: kind of like the tribe, they occupy the mountains and forests. They live in small villages scattered around the area. They would create monuments like Machu Pichu.

Egyptians: They are the equivalent of the dessert, they live along rivers and can grow sugar cane and cactus. They live in small cities with large monuments like the Sphinx and the Pyramid.

Chinese: The Chinese have cities with large imperial complexes for the leaders with housing for the commoners circled around the palace. They build monuments like the Great Wall.

Romans/Greeks: They live in large cities with big fancy buildings. Housing is in insula
(Roman apartment buildings). They create monuments like the Parthenon and the Coliseum

A lot of these faction ideas are very similar to current factions, but they give a more rigid guidelines for a building style and adds more RP into the game.

remember thet The Romans (SPQR) and The Egyptians got very influenced by each others culture, so if we go for this i will say take one of them away or make it the original cultures (this may prove difficult)

btw, liked yous Aztec idea Razz

Gnomus
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

[Idea] Faction set Empty Gobbo's LotR Idea

Post  Gnomus Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 pm

I love your idea Gobbo, (may be becouse I'm a HUGE Tolkien fan xD) but I agree a little with the others. it may result in becoming too mutch of a fan server, but i did like your idea for editing the lore and names. becouse I do agree that Tolkien is a great starting point of the lore for factions, and may I come with an idea for the mordor faction?

What if they have a base on the surface, but are not allowed to have mines (maybe holes for houses or orc pits) but thay can mine as mutch as they want in the nether (even have parts of the city there); and monuments can mostly be buildt on the surface, but may also make them in the nether (my sugestion: Grond Very Happy)

And concerning resourses, they may have events to get iron and sutch or steal from other factions (to compancate this thay may not attack factions that are un populated atm, and other factions can kill them as they please & vise versa) also this faction can chop down as many trees as they like (even in neutral), but are the only ones not allowed to replant.

and lastly thay can maybe be the only faction allowed to "scatter" (make smaller vilages towns around the area they actually posses, but may not build monuments in these villages "rivalry may occur if a village exceedes ownage of the area that the main city posesses/if it becomes bigger)

Gnomus
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down