Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the mines!

Go down

Into the mines! Empty Into the mines!

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:28 am

So we finally got some sort of structure into our mines.
With the big staircase, you may dig a tunnel and start a branch mine a few blocks off. As long as it is connected to the main staircase, that's fine. Don't put up signs claiming that branch mine as your personal mine, everyone is allowed to dig everywhere, it's a public mine. So look out if you smelt something in the mine or store something, just use Lockette to protect your furnaces and chests.
We found 2 mob spawners yet, and I think I have seen a third one around somewhere. Anyways, the two we found are a skeleton and a spider spawner, I have turned both into grinders so we have a steady supplyo of strings, bones and arrows. One instructional thing for the spider grinder: Because spiders can climb walls now (most useless change since the damage and tool decay update), its necessary to lure them a bit. To do that, stand in the little niche I marked with a sign. Oddly enough, the spiders then get sucked into the water stream leading towards the ethoslab sizzler. Don't worry, the spiders can't reach you in that niche. However, spiders are, apart from pigs and ducks, the hardest mobs to grind, so the drop rate is pretty low, even when the spiders get sucked in and grinded properly, so it might take a while until you have a fair amount of strings.

Back to top Go down