Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam...

4 posters

Go down

Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam... Empty Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam...

Post  Bounty_Hunter Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 pm

A feature to have server side texture packs is included in the new snapshot 12w18a.
This is just awesome since this would be a good feature for our server. (since we have a ragnarok texture pack)

yay for good news! Very Happy

Side-note: Darkmoo, you're always online when I'm not and vica versa... so, are we still gonna revive Ragnarok or not? (maybe work with forum pm's instead of chat)
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam... Empty Re: Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam...

Post  DarkBoomy Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

First post in a long time! Good to see that someone still use the forum ^^
DarkBoomy
DarkBoomy

Back to top Go down

Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam... Empty Re: Server side texture pack possible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D spam...

Post  Bounty_Hunter Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 am

This forum will never die... well, atleast not when I'm still around.

Last edited by Bounty_Hunter on Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkBoomy Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 pm

That's good! ^^
DarkBoomy
DarkBoomy

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmoo Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 am

I still browse these every couple days, right now I am out of school (the program I was going for turned out to not be what I wanted) working and getting back into music. I am thinking of relaunching ragnarok as a survival server for a while and then hopefully reboot ragnarok up eventually.
Darkmoo
Darkmoo
Staff lead
Staff lead

https://ragnarok.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bounty_Hunter Mon May 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Well, good to hear that you still want reboot Ragnarok...

Also, for the other members here, I talked with Darkmoo (a long, long time ago) about running the server as a Tekkit server.
Just wanted to know what your opinions are. Would it fit Ragnarok and would you like it and such.
Would be stupid if Ragnarok will be using Tekkit all of a sudden without you knowing anything about it.
And I think Darkmoo will also agree that we must gather opinions on it.

My opinion is that I think it's both good and bad, because Technic/Tekkit is pretty fun to do and adds alot more challenge to Ragnarok and also makes rounds lasts longer and make them more interesting.
On the other hand, it would kinda destroy the medieval/fantasy feel of Ragnarok... (just as I learned how to build really nice medieval structures (not copy/paste, but really designing them myself (but I can build those anyway, yay)))

I would say, go for Tekkit, as everything I said before and also so you don't have to downgrade minecraft all the time when a new patch comes out.
But offcourse with some rules... as always Razz

oh, and btw. should I start a new topic for this?

Another btw. We could also make Ragnarok have a sort of steampunkish theme with mixing the medieval/fantasy feel with industrialisation... this style can also be used in the texture pack to make the industrial stuff look more medievally.
ofcourse not a strict steampunk theme... that's why I said steampunkish, go a little bit that way, but stay with the way Ragnarok wants it. (just wanted to make that clear before people started screaming that they dislike steampunk)

EDIT:
Just noticed, but since when am I a super moderator?
Lol, wut? o_0
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmoo Mon May 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Yeah, I have promoted you as I have seen how dedicated you are.

My only problem with tekkit is the potential for griefing, but that can be fixed with plugins thankfully :p.
Darkmoo
Darkmoo
Staff lead
Staff lead

https://ragnarok.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bounty_Hunter Mon May 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Darkmoo wrote:Yeah, I have promoted you as I have seen how dedicated you are.

My only problem with tekkit is the potential for griefing, but that can be fixed with plugins thankfully :p.

Bounty_Hunter wrote:But offcourse with some rules... as always Razz
With that I meant griefing issues and such, and ofcourse plugins would be nice too Very Happy

Also, glad to see my dedication has paid off Very Happy *dancing*
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkBoomy Mon May 07, 2012 5:07 pm

It would be nice that if we/when we bring the server back up, maybe we should make videos on youtube on the server so people can see the server and maybe want to join. Like "The adventure of Ragnarok" or something like that ^^
DarkBoomy
DarkBoomy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bounty_Hunter Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 pm

It's like you're able to read minds pale (you'll see what I mean with that tomorrow)
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmarine9 Tue May 08, 2012 7:22 am

In my opinion (not that it matters :p) tekkit would be a great add on to the server, but like Bounty said, it would be rather difficult to keep the medieval theme. However, it might be worth a try to switch the server theme up for a round just to see how it goes.

Also, I recently have been playing on tekkit servers, and it is possible to prevent most griefing with the use of plugins. I have found that towny and LWC are very effective against it. There is of course, always the possibility of griefing which would require staff members to be on at most times (which requires more staff). A second possibility would to be just disable big griefing items such as destruction catalysts and mining lasers, just to put a level of control to it.

Those are just my opinions though Smile
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post  Bounty_Hunter Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Or make certain items only available to people when they have earned it. (no griefing, being nice to others, being trusted etc.)
And make some things only available to certain professions... not like real jobs, that you may only do that, but just arrange a team like who can regulate nuclear energy and some people who will focus on gathering materials and people who do engineering etc. (as I said, they're not only strictly doing their jobs, it must stay fun ofcourse Smile )
This is ofcourse fully voluntarily. (we don't want people doing stuff they don't want to)
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down